Thanks to my fellow blogger over at Alien Shores, I have been nominated for the Epically Awesome Award of Epic Awesomeness! But no great award comes without responsibilities. In order to be really awesome I have to: 1) Write ten “awesome” facts about yourself; 2). Nominate ten other bloggers that you think are awesome enough to win this award; and 3)Inform the chosen they have won. Naturally, being awesome, most of these tasks were easy.
The hard part came when I had to choose ten other bloggers. Only ten! I follow a lot of you so it was hard to whittle it down to ten. Please don’t feel bad if I didn’t nominate you, I still think you are all awesome! Maybe if I contact the rule committee I can bend the rules a little…hmmmm. Anyway on to the lists:
Ten “awesome” facts about me
1. I am a hard worker (thanks mom and dad).
2. I try to help others whenever possible without asking for anything in return.
3. I love to do astronomy outreach and show the wonders of the night to everyone.
4. I just finished my first semester as an adjunct professor teaching patent prosecution at a local law school, where 2 of my 7 students found employment using what I taught them (the others have to graduate first).
5. I am a computer wiz (yes, I can program your DVR also).
6. I can find something new to marvel at every day.
7. Despite what my friend say, I am a great driver, 1 accident in 50 years (not my fault, I was rear ended).
8. I am a loyal and dependable friend.
9. I don’t give up (thanks to my time in the USN).
10. I am stubborn (yes, this is awesome when you look at numbers 8 and 9).
My 10 nominees:
1. Martha Bernie, a co-worker and a great cook. She goes out of her way to make people feel special.
2. Laura Lloyd, a colleague. Dr. Lloyd (Phd) is smart and tenacious and her two daughters are gems.
3. David Renke, some really great stuff and inspirational ideas.
4. Republic Of Lagrangia, sometimes controversial, but always thought provoking.
5. Dustin Cole, he has helped my professional life immensely.
6. John A. Jaksich, the silent astronomer speaks volumes.
7. Hack A Day, OMG, the most fun for evil geniuses everywhere!
8. J. C. Conway, talented SciFi author and veteran (a great combo).
9. One tough lady, 66 years old and fighting the good fight. Inspirational and poetic.
10. Philosophy ala carte, always a good read.
I tried my best to hit some of all the blogs I follow. Science, art, crafts…food (you are all going to make me fat again!). There are so many, and picking just 10 was really hard. I think it finally came down to personal bias (doesn’t it always), but I want everyone who has read my blog, or anyone else’s, or who write their own. You are a 10 in my book. Blogging isn’t easy, but once you start it is very addictive. This blog has helped me find both a personal and professional voice.
I would like to thank all of you, because you are all AWESOME! But just in case you can always check out the awesome blog!
– Ex astris, scientia –
I am and avid amateur astronomer and intellectual property attorney. As a former Chief Petty Officer in the U.S. Navy, I am a proud member of the Armed Service Committee of the Los Angeles County Bar Association working to aid all active duty and veterans in our communities. Connect with me on Google +